Ziva Patir was born in Warsaw, Poland in 1950 to parents who survived the Holocaust in Warsaw. Their complete testimony can be found in the Yad Vashem archives.
At the end of World War II, her father was appointed Chief Architect of Warsaw, and was responsible for the reconstruction of many public buildings in the city. Her mother worked on scientific essays about the regional history of Poland/Russia.
Ziva and her family immigrated to Israel in 1957.
Today, she is involved in a variety of occupations, both professional and public.
In the business sector, she:
- serves as CO-CEO of Patir Consultants and
- is a member of the Board of Directors of ELTA, AVIS and Stratasys Ltd.
In the public sector, she is:
- a trustee of Shenkar Design College and Afeka College of Engineering,
- Chairperson of the Chamber of Commerce Committee for the Removal of Trade Barriers Between Israel and the U.S.,
- Chairperson of the Cameri Theater’s Lior Fund for the Promotion of Culture and the Arts for IDF Soldiers,
- a member of the administration of Lahav Executive Education at Tel Aviv University.